Monday, February 26, 2007

tomorrow is election day

Wednesday night’s debate was helpful. I didn’t have much of a sense of where Sheehan was coming from before that. After seeing so many north side examples of “letting the real estate market drive development” (Sheehan’s big phrase for his plan) and how it has ruined the character of many of those neighborhoods, Sheehan’s vision scares me. Rugai’s history of pushing through traffic plan changes without really getting neighborhood input or support is no better. Somerville’s stated goal of transparency and more community input looks like our best option. None of the candidates is perfect, but we really do need a change. Somerville's got my vote.

1 comment:

Tommybabe said...

I thought S-ville would get a lot more votes. I am really surprised.