Monday, January 12, 2009

saving roses from rabbits

A week ago, when I was doing some dormant rose pruning, I discovered a problem. The clean, broad diagonal cuts on the branch ends circled in yellow were made by the teeth of voracious rabbits.

Time to scrounge through supplies leftover from previous projects and run to the hardware store for one more item.

I made these from that coil of heavy gauge wire above...

... to hold the cage of rabbit fencing to the ground.

Mission accomplished...

...just before the ground froze too hard to push in the stakes.

Silvie checks out the rabbit fencing as I get ready to measure for the next cage.

No comments: