Tuesday, May 3, 2011

how blogging has changed

It's truly amazing how blogging has changed in the last 5 years. There are some amazing blogs out there - on Open Salon, Blogger, Wordpress and other sites, as well as stand-alone blogs. The variety of content keeps getting more amazing, and the quality of some of the work is exceptional.

I just checked my comments and found 44 spam messages waiting for review - in English, Russian, Polish and Japanese. That's just from the last 10 days. Spam comments weren't much of a problem 5 years ago, but they sure are now. I'm grateful that the Google folks have good spam filtering, so that this garbage rarely sees the light of day. I wish that all blog sites handled spam this well.

As technology continues to progress, I expect the blog world to keep evolving. I'll be curious to see how it looks in another 5 years.

No comments: