Please don't put your Christmas tree out with the trash. If you got a real (non-artificial) tree this year, please consider taking it to a recycling location so that it can be chipped and used as mulch instead of going into a landfill. Jan. 2 through Jan. 16 for recycling. You can even get free mulch at a few spots starting Jan. 11.
* Mulch will be available for free on a limited basis Jan. 11-17 at select locations:
- Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon
- Lincoln Park, Cannon Drive at Fullerton
- North Park Village, 5801 N. Pulaski
- Warren Park, 6601 N. Western