Thursday, May 17, 2012

old space, new name

I got a chance to try the food at Ellie's today (formerly Favia Cafe) and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I confess that one of my frustrations with the restaurant selection here in Beverly is the relatively small number of places offering healthy meal options.  The hummus plate gets a big thumbs up - portion size is just right, ingredients are fresh and tasty, and the hummus is really delicious.  My husband tried the grilled cheese and was equally pleased.  They now have table service instead of counter service.  Otherwise, the room hasn't changed much, and that's just fine.  If it ain't broken, why "fix" it?

It's also a pleasant location to visit by bike.  If you live more than a mile away, I think it's the nicest way to get there.  I'm looking forward to another visit soon.

No comments: