Thursday, September 6, 2007

is your dog missing?

This morning I was walking to the Metra station and was asked by a police officer if the wandering dog she'd picked up was mine. She found the dog roaming in the area of 99th & Damen, crossing back and forth at 99th. In the morning rush hour traffic, I'm amazed she wasn't hit.

I didn't recognize the dog or know its owner. The dog is an older female, medium-sized, somewhat overweight, possibly a collie mix. If this is your dog, or you know the owner, the officer was planning to transport the dog to the Animal Welfare League at 103rd and Southwest Hwy., rather than city animal control.

www.animalwelfareleague.com
708-636-8586

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to give a shout-out to that cop who searched for the dog's owner (w/ the dog in the backseat). That dog was a "lost family member" and worth the effort. I hope doggy was reunited with its loved ones, and cop know she performed a great deed!