Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood

In my travels around the neighborhood, I've noticed a nice surprise in recent months: a few new Little Free Libraries.  If you're not familiar with the idea, it's a post-mounted box that an individual or organization can install near the sidewalk where you can take a book or leave one for others - a DIY community library. I first saw these in Portland, OR a few years ago and thought it was a great idea.

Little Free Library at 99th & Winchester
Here's a map of nearby locations. A few of them don't seem to be on the map yet, so we have more than what is shown here, including one in north Beverly. Where have you seen Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood? Have you tried it yet?

1 comment:

Fargo said...

This morning I spotted another Little Free Library while I was out on a bike ride. This one is on 105th Pl near Prospect.